It’s called the Egypt Station – Travellers Edition, and comes in a stickered suitcase as a limited edition of 3,000 worldwide. Release date is May 10.
Details from the official paulmccartney.com website:
EGYPT STATION – TRAVELLER’S EDITION BOX SET
Strictly Limited Deluxe Edition of 3,000
To Be Released 10th May
Paul has confirmed the release of the Egypt Station – Traveller’s Edition box set out 10th May via Capitol Records. This strictly limited deluxe edition of the #1 album Egypt Station will be a one-time-only pressing limited to 3,000 numbered cases. The Traveller’s Edition arrives in a vintage style suitcase and contains exclusive previously unreleased tracks, hidden rarities and all the essentials needed on your journey to Egypt Station and beyond.
Pre-order begins Friday 15th February at 6am PT / 9am ET / 2pm GMT. Due to the limited quantity of this edition, sales will be on a first come, first served basis.
Egypt Station – Traveller’s Edition contains:
- Limited edition concertina tri-fold deluxe 180G black vinyl double LP of Egypt Station
- Exclusive limited edition bonus 180G vinyl pressing of Egypt Station II in “Night Scene” blue cover, featuring three previously unreleased tracks — ‘Frank Sinatra’s Party’, ‘Sixty Second Street’ and extended cut of the Egypt Station single ‘Who Cares’ — as well as four live performances of Egypt Station tracks taken from Abbey Road Studios, The Cavern Club, LIPA and Paul’s iconic performance at Grand Central Station
- Limited edition Egypt Station concertina CD
- Exclusive limited edition collector’s Egypt Station Blue Cassette
- HD audio of all tracks upon shipment
- Additional rare performance footage hidden inside
- Luxury vintage-style embossed Egypt Station artwork suitcase
- An exclusive copy of a handwritten note from Paul
- Fold out, vintage-style Egypt Station illustrated map suitable for framing
- Travel memorabilia including “travel itinerary”, postcards, baggage tickets and first class ticket
- Egypt Station luggage stickers
- Travel journal featuring copies of Paul’s handwritten lyrics
- Two Egypt Station lithographs of Paul’s paintings
- 500+ piece jigsaw puzzle
- Egypt Station playing cards
- And additional hidden surprises and rarities…
No word on price yet, but expect around £315, €350 or US$360. The Daily Beatle site is saying that on May 17 the additional audio content will be released separately in a cheaper package, without all the goodies.
There is a short “unboxing” style video doing the rounds on social media: